Part material: PMMA
Mold steel: S136
Mold base: 60#
Plastic reflectors are used in the rear lamps fixed to vehicles, bicycles, trucks, buses, highway delineators, industrial sensors, and so on. Reflector molds require precision work and special technology and knowledge of optics, so there are very few factories in the world that can make them.
Types of reflector molds made by SWY MOULD
1. Reflectors for cars (for tail lamps / bumper, side marker reflectors (front / rear), door reflectors)
2. Reflectors for bicycles (spoke reflectors, front reflectors, rear reflectors, reflectors partly integrated into rear lights or front lights)
3. Reflectors for Light photoelectric sensors
4. Reflectors for warning triangles
5. Reflectors for road markers, guide posts, guide rails
6. Standard flat surface electroforms in different sizes and pin systems
7. Electroforms with curvature - better known as variable pin axis
8. Fresnel optic inserts
9. Injection molds for reflectors, warning triangles, bicycle reflectors, and others
Mold production feedback from our customer
For the reflector, there are two parts.
What is the ultrasonic welding machine?
Ultrasonic welding is an especially gentle joining technology for thermoplastic materials and nonferrous metals. Manual workstations are used in many ways in the plastics processing industry. The user manually loads the plastic components to be joined and removes them again from the ultrasonic welding machine after the welding process. The components can be welded with one or more ultrasonic sonotrodes depending on their size and geometry.
Types of ultrasonic welding
1. Spot Welding
2. Line Welding - Linear Sonotrode
3. Continuous Seam Welding - Roller Sonotrode
Advantages of ultrasonic welding
1. No heat is applied and no melting occurs
2. Permits welding of thin to thick sections
3. Welding can be made through some surface coatings
4. Dissimilar metals having vastly different melting points can be joined
5. Pressures used are lower, welding times are shorter, and the thickness of deformed regions are thinner than for cold welding
Taizhou Saiweiyue Mould & Plastic Co., Ltd.