Design of pouring system in the application of injection moulding
Design of gating system includes a selection of main flow path, shape, and size of cross-section, choice of position of the gate, the form of gate, and size of the cross-section of the gate. When using the gate, the branch is also removed. Attention should be paid to the design of the degasser device, de-sinking device, and gate mechanism.
When designing a gating system, first select the location of the gate.
Choice of gate location is directly related to the quality of product and smooth progress of injection process. Choice of gate location should follow the following principles:
* Gate position should be selected on the parting surface as much as possible to facilitate the cleaning of the gate during processing and use of Short-run injection molding
* Distance between gate location and each part of the cavity should be as uniform as possible, and the process should be the shortest
* Position of the gate should ensure that plastic flows into the cavity, and a wide, thick-walled part of the cavity is used to facilitate smooth flow of plastic
* Gate position shall be opened at the thickest section of plastic part
* Avoid plastics directly flowing into a cavity wall, core, or insert when flowing down cavity, so that plastic can flow into all parts of the cavity as soon as possible, and avoid deformation of core or insert
* Try to avoid causing weld lines in the product, or make weld marks appear in unimportant parts of the product
* Position of gate and direction of its plastic inflow should be such that plastic can flow uniformly in the direction parallel to cavity when flowing into the cavity, and facilitate discharge of gas in the cavity
* Gate should be placed on the most easily removed part of the product without affecting the appearance of the product as much as possible
Design of exhaust system in the application of injection moulding
The exhaust system plays a vital role in ensuring the quality of the product.
With venting groove, venting groove is generally located at the end of the cavity where the cavity is filled. Depth of venting groove varies from plastic to plastic and is basically determined by the maximum allowable gap in which plastic does not generate burrs, such as ABS0. .04 is 0.02 or less with an ash of 0.02 mm or less.
Use matching clearance of core insert push rod or special exhaust plug to exhaust; sometimes in order to prevent the product from causing vacuum deformation when it is ejected, air pin must be provided; sometimes in order to prevent vacuum adsorption of product and Short-run injection molding, an anti-vacuum adsorption element is designed.
Design of cooling system in application of injection moulding
Design of cooling system is a relatively cumbersome task, considering cooling effect and uniformity of cooling, and influence of cooling system on the overall structure of mold.
* Arrangement of cooling system and specific form of cooling system
* Determination of specific location and size of cooling system
* Cooling of key parts such as moving molds or inserts
* Cooling of side slider and side core
* Design of cooling element and selection of cooling standard Plastic injection mold components
* Sealed structure design