Part resin: PP with 25 solute fluidity
Mold steel: P20
Runner system: cold runner
Injection machine tonnage: 8000T
Cycle time: around 40 seconds
Demolding type: stripper plate, picked by the robot hand
Mold size: 770*750*740mm
Mold weight: 3220KG
Original vegetable basket samples sent by our SWY customer
After deciding to make molds, our customer sent us the original basket samples by DHL. According to our customer's requirement, the size of this round basket needs to be the same as the original sample, but the texture needs to be changed according to the 3D design. Another point is the handle part, which needs to match the customer's sample firmly. During the design process of mold, we sent the customer the revised product and mold design for confirmation, after all were confirmed, we began machining basket mold.
Plastic kitchenware vegetable basket injection mould design process
Plastic mould design and manufacture are closely related to plastic processing. The quality of plastic mould processing depends to a large extent on the design effect of the mould and the quality of the mould manufacturing, and the foundation of plastic mould design is the correct design of plastic products.
The structural elements to be considered in the design of plastic moulds are as follows:
1. parting surface, that is, when the die is closed, the concave die and punch contact surface with each other. The selection of its position and form is affected by the shape and appearance of products, wall thickness, molding method, post-processing technology, mold type and structure, molding method and molding machine structure, and other factors.
2. structural parts, that is, complex mould slider, inclined top, straight top block, etc. First of all, the design of structural parts is very critical, because it relates to the life of the mould, processing cycle, cost, product quality, and so on. Therefore, the design of complex die core structures requires a higher comprehensive ability of designers, as far as possible to pursue a simpler, more durable, more economic design scheme.
3. the precision of the mould, that is, avoid card, precise positioning, guidepost, positioning pin, etc. The positioning system is related to the product appearance quality, mould quality, and life, according to the mould structure is different, choose different positioning methods, positioning precision control mainly depends on processing, internal mold positioning is mainly designers to fully consider, in order to design a more reasonable and easy to adjust the positioning way.
4. gating system, that is, from the injection molding machine nozzle to the cavity between the feed channel, including the main channel, shunt channel, gate, and cold hole. In particular, the location of the gate should be selected to facilitate the filling of the cavity of the molten plastic in a good flow state, and the solid runner attached to the product and the cold material of the gate is easy to be ejected from the mould and removed when the mould is opened.
5. plastic shrinkage rate and the factors affecting the dimensional accuracy of products, such as mold manufacturing and assembly error, mold wear, and so on. In addition, the design of compression mould and injection mould should also consider the molding machine process and structural parameters of the match. Computer-aided design technology has been widely used in plastic mould design.
Basket mould quality control system in SWY
We adopt the following QC procedure to ensure the quality of worldwide standards.
1. Inspection for mould material hardness
2. Inspection for mould size
3. Inspection for the size of cavity and core
4. Inspection of the whole mould before and after assembly
5. Report for mould trial and sample
6. Final inspection before delivery
7. Package inspection before delivery
Details highlight the perfect.
Details determine success or failure.
How to make a good kitchenware vegetable basket mould with a long lifetime?
1. To make mould with good steel for mould base and mould main steel, meaning for mould cavity and core and choose the high toughness for some part inserts. For example, if we need to make one basket mould with 2 cavities, we need to make to use prehardened steel with 32HRC for mould base. We have to choose the suitable steel for the durable mould components.
2. Choose the harden treatment to core, cavity, sliders, and insert piece and make the steel hardness controlled. And not the high hardness is good for all mould, because sometimes it is easily broken, the best is the suitable one.
3. The guide system and moving area of the basket mould must use a precise machining process. Handmade working is not acceptable, or the guide system and moving area will be with the problem while running.
4. Hot runner system is very important both for big and light crates. So we will make the mould flow analysis for the hot runner in order to fill the plastic material in balance.
5. Reduce the cycle time to save cost, we must make the cooling the best optimal effect, for durable plastic basket mould, we should use mold-max on the molding area with excellent cooling water channel design, for one-time use crate, we need to use tempering steel with excellent cooling system designed.
6. If you plan to purchase an injection molding machine for the basket, we suggest buying the high-speed injection molding machine, the screw RPM should be bigger than 350mm.
7. It is better to use a mechanical system for ejection, we can make the ejection action when the mould opening. Certainly that if your machine can work with the 2 hydraulic acting at the same time, then you can do the ejection when the mould opening.
8. For all kinds of mould, the high-speed running is based on the mould is precision machining, the moving parts with accurate guided…otherwise, there is no possibility for a mould high-speed performance.
9. The handle parts on a plastic basket, need to solve the air venting problem: when the basket was loaded and the people carry the basket, the 2 handle area will be the biggest force focused. If there is an area with poor air venting, there will be a very obviously jointing line. The damage is always coming from this line.