Raw material: PMMA
Product dimension: 92*222*250mm
Product weight: 550g
Cavity steel: H13 with hardness HRC45-48
Core steel: H13 with hardness HRC45-48
Mould base: C50
Ejector system: slider+hydraulic cylinder
What is mold design?
Mold design refers to those who are engaged in the digital design of enterprise molds, including cavity molds and cold stamping dies. On the basis of traditional mold design, they fully apply digital design tools to improve mold design quality and shorten mold design cycles. Mold designers can find employment in the fields of mold CNC programming, mold 3D design, and product development 3D design.
How to design a plastic document folder mold?
1. Perform feasibility analysis on the product of the designed mold. Take the computer case as an example. First, use design software for assembly analysis of product drawings of each component, that is, a set of drawings in our work, to ensure the correctness of product drawings before mold design.
On the other hand, you can be familiar with the importance of each component in the entire chassis to determine key size, which is very beneficial in mold design. Specific drawing methods will not be introduced in detail here.
2. Work to be done after product analysis, analyze the product, what kind of mold structure to use, arrange product process, determine punching content of each process, and use the design software to carry out product development. When a product is developed, it usually starts from a follow-up project.
For example, a product requires five processes. When stamping is completed, product drawing starts from product drawing to fourth project, third project, second project, and first project. After unfolding a graphic, copy a copy and then carry out the unfolding work of the previous project. That is, product development work of five projects is completed, and then detailed work is carried out.
Note that this step is very important and requires special care. If this step is done well, it will save a lot of time in drawing mold drawing. After the content of each project is determined and included in forming die, inner and outer lines of product material thickness are retained to determine the size of the convex and concave die. Method of product deployment will be not explained here, and will be specifically introduced in the method of product deployment.
3. prepare materials, prepare materials according to product development drawing, determine mold plate size in the drawing, including each fixed plate, unloading plate, convex and concave molds, inserts, etc., pay attention to prepare materials directly in product development drawing, which is very beneficial to drawing mold drawing. I have seen that many mold designers directly calculate product development drawing manually to prepare materials. This method is too inefficient. Directly draw mold plate specifications on the drawing in the form of an assembly drawing. On the one hand, material preparation can be completed, and on the other hand, a lot of work is saved in the work of various parts of mold, because work of drawing each component only needs to add positioning, pins, guideposts, and screw holes in the preparation drawing.
4. After material preparation is completed, you can fully enter the drawing of mold drawing, make another copy in the material preparation drawing to draw each component, such as adding screw holes, guide pin holes, positioning holes, etc., and wire-cutting holes for various holes in punching die. Informing mold, forming gap between upper and lower molds must not be forgotten. Therefore, after these tasks are completed, the mold drawing of a product is almost 80% complete.
In addition, pay attention to process of drawing mold diagram:
Each process refers to production, such as fitter marking, wire cutting, and so on. Different processing processes have complete layers. This has great benefits for wire cutting and drawing management, such as color distinction, etc. Size marking is also a very important task, and it is also the most troublesome task because it is too time-consuming.
5. After the above drawings are completed, drawings cannot actually be issued. It is also necessary to proofread mold drawings, assemble all accessories, make different layers for each different mold plate, analyze mold assembly with the same reference such as guide post hole, put the expanded view of each processed product into assembly view to ensure that holes of each mold plate are consistent and clearance between upper and lower molds at bending position is correct.