Acceptance standards of lid mould before shipment
For the paint bucket and lid strength test, we must consider three points:
1. Buckets and lids must be well assembled, otherwise, the lids will fall apart and leak after fall.
2. The thickness of the bucket and lid should be reasonable, and some people always want to reduce the thickness of the bucket to reduce costs. This is difficult to ensure quality, reasonable thickness can save costs while ensuring quality.
3. Material selection: This is very important, people usually use high-density polyethylene or polypropylene material to make bucket and lid, but there are many kinds of each material, it is best to choose a higher hardness and cold resistance is better, heat made of low deformation temperature material because it can provide better impact resistance.
Choosing cavity/core steel for paint bucket lid mould
In order to improve the mould life and product quality, we increase the mould steel hardness through heat treatment. The steels we commonly use are H13(48-52HRC), 2316(45-50HRC), etc. to prevent mold eccentric, we use a whole piece of steel to make the bucket.
1. The bucket lid mould steel needs to meet the special working condition in the following points:
*must have high-temperature resistance
*must have the corrosion resistance
*must have wear resistance
*must have resistance to cold and heat fatigue
*must have fatigue fracture properties
*must have toughness
2. The bucket lid mould steel needs to meet the process performance requirements:
* Machinability, large cutting amount, low loss, and low surface roughness
* Annealing processability, wide spheroidizing annealing temperature range, low annealing hardness, small fluctuation range, and high spheroidization rate
* Forgeability, low hot forging deformation resistance, good plasticity, wide forging temperature range, cold cracking of forging cracks, and low tendency to precipitate reticular carbides