Part size: 15mm length
Mould steel: S136
Base steel: 50#
Mould cavity: 24
Gate system: 6 pinpoint gate
Injection system: full hot runner
Ejection system: ejector pins
Machining tolerance: 0.1-0.2mm
Time for T1: 55 working days
Points need to concerned about plastic spoon mould
1. Knowing the annual production quantity that customers needed, so we can decide the cavity and the arrangement of mould, usually divided into a round shape and quadrate shape.
2. Considering the runner system, if full hot runner, the mould price is higher but less material waste; if semi-hot runner, price is substantial, and material water is more; if cold runner, the mould price is lowest, but the material waste is maximum. It all decided by the customer's budget.
3. Choosing the mould steel, for spoon, fork and knife moulds, all need to be machined in high-speed machines, so usually we will choose H13, S136, or 2344 mould steel with HRC42-45, which can be worked on a high-speed machine without problems.
4. The process of mould machining: mould design, CNC, EDM machine, wire cutting machine, grinding machine, milling machine, rocker drill machine, high-speed milling(for spoon), high-speed carved(for the fork), polishing, and at last spotting mould, all finished, the mould can be tested.
5. The raw material is usually PP or PS.
6. Different types of spoon, fork and knife: according to the usage, can be divided into a home used, an aeroplane used and military used; according to the product structure, can be divided into common one and folded one. So all decided by our customer's requirements.